• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ceefax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's OK, you can still get your CEEFAX fix. Just visit any website that employs those dreadful kreatif developer/designer types that imagine you require a special needs version of their website on your fully-functional 2012 smart phone. You'll find yourself immersed in HUGE PRINT, un-zoomable, graphics-light content before you know it.
    UNIX Geeky sorts you mean?

I liked CEEFAX. I know we still have teletext or whatever on BBC, but it's not full screen and one has to put up with some tedious stuff about somebody being rescued from a mountain gully or a twit wandering around a delapidated house telling us how much it will be worth once the bidders have spent 20k on it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Me too.

In fact, I've still got it & the other one I bought 2nd hand.
      Prestel was run on GEC4000 machines. Even you haven't had one of them to play with, zeity.

Or have you?

Comment

Working...
      X