• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have a will?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Close - he's a werewolf.
    fun, furry and an animal at full moon?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

We got ours done last year. "Mrs Admin" and I aren't married but we have kids so was the sensible thing to do. It took us about 12 months to get them signed and back to the solicitors

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        We got ours done last year. "Mrs Admin" and I aren't married but we have kids so was the sensible thing to do. It took us about 12 months to get them signed and back to the solicitors
        Not married? No wonder this place is such a moral vacuum.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

We've done ours, including agreements with the eldest kids godparents to looks after them if we both popped off, which would incentivise him greatly, as with life assurances on us both, and properties, is a large sum they'd get.

Everytime we hook up, he tries to persuade me to drink MF's weight in wine, which I assume is a bad thing.

As an aside, if you give something to anyone, it is free of tax, if you 7 years longer then the date of the gift. So the neat trick, would be to start passing off anything expensive to the kids earlier rather than later, so you can avoid tax. I am sure it would also make sure they looked after you better too. Then after 7 years is up, give them something else expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Good to know you appreciate the gift of life.
            So I'm forever indebted to her because she gave birth to me?
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              So I'm forever indebted to her because she gave birth to me?
              Don't worry bout d000hg Spartan, he can be a cretin. He's not really displayed any understanding of the real world...

Comment

Working...
              X