• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for CarolB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: time in jail

I would expect that red jumpers and deliberate crashers would be much reduced if they faced an offensive weapons charge should they be found to be at fault.

This would no longer be under police control as it would no longer be regarded as a traffic offense.

Comment

Forgot to mention: I always carry a disposable camera with me. Whenever there is an accident I take lots and lots of pictures. All around both cars, not just at the impact point.

Never ever ever mention to the plod you have photographic evidence, they will seize the camera and lose it (had that trick pulled on me as well).

And thanks in no small part to that I have an 80% no claims bonus and a clean driving license.

Comment

Driving a car without a licence, insurance, MOT etc, being involved in an accident due to careless wreckless or even dangerous driving should be offensive weapons offences.
        Always amazes me that the penalty for driving without a licence, seems to be a driving ban. :rolleyes

What’s the point of banning someone who wasn’t allowed to drive in the first place?

Comment

Forget the normative stuff like drink driving what about the emotive crap?

Anyone can kill someone in a car. A kid can run out into the road, and you can kill him at 20mph. The emphasis from the parents point of view will be to blame the driver, not the fact that he hasn't been taught the green cross code. I rmember readin an article in the paper about some group who had campaigned for speed bumps so that little johnny can play football in the road. Excuse me WTF is the road for?

All of a sudden the parents of RTA incidents become experts in road safety, "oh that road is so dangerous that killed our 17 yr old Johnny" (in his 140bhp Saxo) we must have speed bumps.

End of rant

Comment

Due to the sort of cars I drive I found in the UK there were more than necessary jealous types that would try and have accidents with you.
            That's true for more than just cars. There are all sorts of problems caused by having a certain accent and being educated at certain schools and universities.

Comment

Working...
            X