• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going contract to perm discussion tomorrow.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I had a weird dream about that. I had a tash just like the one in the picture, and couldn't understand why everyone kept looking at me.
    It's not a dream.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Process underway. Directors position on the table. Go perm here, move to US middle next year. No idea of the package yet though.
      It's IB right? Take it.
      We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
      - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
        It's IB right? Take it.
        No, not IB. Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          No, in the Cloud(s).
          That's about right MF, possibly the only thing true in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            That's about right MF, possibly the only thing true in the thread.

Comment

this may help you get your green card mf

PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo - YouTube

running classified ads with the goal of NOT finding any qualified applicants, and the steps they go through to disqualify even the most qualified Americans in order to secure green cards for H-1b workers.

does this go on in the uk ??

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I had a weird dream about that. I had a tash just like the one in the picture, and couldn't understand why everyone kept looking at me.
                Maybe you had something in your teeth?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                  this may help you get your green card mf

PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo - YouTube

running classified ads with the goal of NOT finding any qualified applicants, and the steps they go through to disqualify even the most qualified Americans in order to secure green cards for H-1b workers.

does this go on in the uk ??
                  Yes, but only for roles requiring DV or higher clearance.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Do seem to be less and less contracts available and more perm. positions. Is that because there are a large amount of IT people on the bench - just desperate...I've had a few enquiries about perm. positions - but two issues

Salaries suck up north. Be luck to crack the £40K even with 20 years experience.

The work is 40 miles away. Though the agent seems to think that is commutable.

My experience probably goes against me and that I've flipped through different technologies in the past 5 years (PHP, mySQL, .Net, Access, Oracle) So all I get is rubbish.

With the price of petrol I'd easily eat up 25% of my income just getting too and from work. Nevermind that I'm not allowed to drive at the moment.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      With the price of petrol I'd easily eat up 25% of my income just getting too and from work. Nevermind that I'm not allowed to drive at the moment.
                      Not with diesel you wouldnt, and you can always move.

MF, are you going to start a new website PermiactorUK?

Comment

Working...
                      X