• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bill Gates quits Microsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman
    Blah Umm - I think ha ha ha Blah that's called Blah modular programming. Quite popular. Some people even design Blah API and class libraries and stuff.

What Blah should they have Blah done? Have one humoungously Blah talented programmer Blah write the whole Blah shebang in one massive inline slab of Blah code?
    knob

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Shut up bogeyman. You are making yourself look like an sasguru.

This was Gates' vision of how an OS should be. A real product of Gates' mind:

http://toastytech.com/guis/bob.html

Notice the dog made into in XP as the search "buddy".

Stupid ****.

Oh well, I see you have the intellect of a prawn, sure enough.

You start an argument and can't finish it, or even discuss the matter in a rational and civilised way.

"Stupid ****"

Yeah! Way to go!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek
        knob
        Feck me! It's like debating with Oscar Wilde.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Oscar Wilde with tourettes...

Lady Bracknell:
          a ******* handbag!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek
            knob
            Perhaps he means that a knob looks like a purple Dalek. It does a bit, but without all the details.

Comment

Erm, I think Bogeyman has the point here. Let’s say I create something that sells phenomenally well. But it needs constant revisions, updates etc. I withdraw support for some of my products after only 8 years, and thus put the onus on the customer base to sort out further problems. Lots of customer complaints all round anyway. But the money keeps rolling in and I become a gazillionaire. Well, I think my conscience could live with all of the former if I became the latter. At least then I wouldn’t have to trawl the esteemed threads of CUK to work out how to make my next million…
              "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Your 'next' million?

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
                Erm, I think Bogeyman has the point here. Let’s say I create something that sells phenomenally well. But it needs constant revisions, updates etc. I withdraw support for some of my products after only 8 years, and thus put the onus on the customer base to sort out further problems. Lots of customer complaints all round anyway. But the money keeps rolling in and I become a gazillionaire. Well, I think my conscience could live with all of the former if I became the latter. At least then I wouldn’t have to trawl the esteemed threads of CUK to work out how to make my next million…
                Now I'm impressed. Tell me how you made your first. Please. I'm not joking.
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                  Now I'm impressed. Tell me how you made your first. Please. I'm not joking.
                  Give me your details, pay me a tenner and I'll let you know
                  "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X