• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've really had enough of HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    A few months ago HMRC tried to fine me £400 for not doing my end of year return, before my company existed.

I appealed and they cancelled it.

They have just sent me a letter saying i owe them £400 for not doing my end of year return this year, which i have quite clearly done.

WTF is wrong with these people? Are they seriously just banking on the hope that people won't be bothered/will forget to appeal these hair-brained decisions?
    Did you do it online? I got stung with that.

I'd done it online but the webtulipe is so confusing I'd missed out pressing a button somewhere and it hadn't gone through properly. They told me four months later, and fined me £100 per month late.

I got it back though when I demonstrated that I had saved the return on their webtulipe before the deadline.

Comment

I had several years bouncing back a "you owe us" "I owe you" nonsense over thousands of pounds. Nobody, not even my accountant could work out what was going on. In the end they said "we owe you" so I just took it.

Face it, the system is bust.

Take what they give you immediately and fight everything you have to that which they accuse you of.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Did you do it online? I got stung with that.

I'd done it online but the webtulipe is so confusing I'd missed out pressing a button somewhere and it hadn't gone through properly. They told me four months later, and fined me £100 per month late.

I got it back though when I demonstrated that I had saved the return on their webtulipe before the deadline.
        Yeah i did do it online and there's nothing indicating that it hasn't all been done as i browse through my account now.

Will look forward to being on hold to them tomorrow and being passed from person to person.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          I had several years bouncing back a "you owe us" "I owe you" nonsense over thousands of pounds. Nobody, not even my accountant could work out what was going on. In the end they said "we owe you" so I just took it.

Take what they give you immediately and fight everything you have to that which they accuse you of.
          +1
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I did get a £650 rebate from them from about 3 years ago the other day as it happens.

So yeah, good philosophy.

Comment

Are you sure you are cut out to be a tax payer?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A few months ago HMRC tried to fine me £400 for not doing my end of year return, before my company existed.

I appealed and they cancelled it.

They have just sent me a letter saying i owe them £400 for not doing my end of year return this year, which i have quite clearly done.

WTF is wrong with these people? Are they seriously just banking on the hope that people won't be bothered/will forget to appeal these hair-brained decisions?
                It's only a days rate for people like us. Just pay the fine you tax dodging scumbag!!
                Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Oh, think that might be starting with me. Had a letter in March saying heres a cheque for £110 due to overpayed CT, In june i got a letter saying you owe £112 in unpaid CT. I aid up and will work it out before year end. For that much i cant be bothered to get a calculator out and suffer the pain of working out how they got their answer.
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Yeah i did do it online and there's nothing indicating that it hasn't all been done as i browse through my account now.

Will look forward to being on hold to them tomorrow and being passed from person to person.
                    Maybe they have been following your economic logic on here and deduced that you have no fooking clue what you are babbling about, and thereby fair game?

Just a thought.

HTH
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Maybe they have been following your economic logic on here and deduced that you have no fooking clue what you are babbling about, and thereby fair game?

Just a thought.

HTH
                      Just because i said Scotland won't be better off with independence doesn't mean i have no clue what i'm talking about dear.

Comment

Working...
                      X