• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Slooooow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does seem intermittent. OK at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      It's OK here. Suggest admin Googles 'Internet' if the problems persist.
      Tried that - this was one of the top results:
      Britain 'has worse record on internet freedom than Philippines' - Telegraph

It must be the thought police monitoring the site wot's slowing it down

Turned KeepAlive off the other day when server was struggling due to changes with the contract search wizard - have put that back on now. See if that helps, food on the go so back in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        The whole of CUK is slow today due to AndyW dying. Sorry.
        FTFY.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Tried that - this was one of the top results:
          Britain 'has worse record on internet freedom than Philippines' - Telegraph

It must be the thought police monitoring the site wot's slowing it down

Turned KeepAlive off the other day when server was struggling due to changes with the contract search wizard - have put that back on now. See if that helps, food on the go so back in a bit.
          Have you tried asking NLUK? *

* I take it you are aware of the risks involved, you newbie, you.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Seem OK through 100Mb fibre, but then Spotify was a bitch tonight...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

no problem here

much faster than 'Massive Thai Bazongas'

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Back to normal this morning

Comment

OK for me too.

Comment

In general, slow response or not responding messages for many pages in IE9 seems to be improved by pressing F12 and changing to IE8 mode. Dented my pro MS stance a bit that things seem to work better if you go back a version.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      In general, slow response or not responding messages for many pages in IE9 seems to be improved by pressing F12 and changing to IE8 mode. Dented my pro MS stance a bit that things seem to work better if you go back a version.

Firefox is flying. No probs.

NB. Also have Adblock, Ghostery and Noscript running, so that's filtering out a ton of 'carp' that might be the source of the slowness.
                      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                      X