• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can one really drink home-brew straight if it hasnt had vigorous straining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    but it never did me no harm.
    Are you sure?

Comment

strain, that's for wimps.

brew, syphon decant to another bucket, add sugar mixture for carbonation, leave to settle for an hour, syphon into the bottle (I use 2L pop bottles or a keg). wait a week or two, pour carefully.

filtering is for wine weenies.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The new kits are much, much better than student days, often passing for proper real keg ale, using real beer yeast and proper sterilising chemicals and vacuum distilling the wort rather than boiling it to buggery to keep the flavours.

Love the Woodfordes kits:

Woodfordes Home Brew Kits

Hopefully will progress onto my own mashing gear soon and experiment with new flavours. 40p for a real drinkable pint. Especially when "The Parasites" go ahead with their authoritarian minimum pricing bollocks and increased alcohol duty.

C**ts that they are.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          The new kits are much, much better than student days, often passing for proper real keg ale, using real beer yeast and proper sterilising chemicals and vacuum distilling the wort rather than boiling it to buggery to keep the flavours.

Love the Woodfordes kits:

Woodfordes Home Brew Kits

Hopefully will progress onto my own mashing gear soon and experiment with new flavours. 40p for a real drinkable pint. Especially when "The Parasites" go ahead with their authoritarian minimum pricing bollocks and increased alcohol duty.

C**ts that they are.
          I'll second that modern home brew kits are quite good. Done right, which isn't too hard, they produce the equivalent of an reasonable pub pint. Just make sure everything is sterilized properly at the start. It also is rather a pleasing feeling when you've made your own, bit like fixing your car yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X