• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Cameras set to catch side-street speeders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Cameras set to catch side-street speeders

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...226459,00.html

"NETWORKS of speed cameras, which will catch every driver breaking the limit, are to be installed in 20mph residential areas as an alternative to road humps.

All entry and exit points to neighbourhoods will be covered by the cameras, which will calculate automatically the average speed of the vehicle while travelling through the area. Offenders’ vehicle number will be transmitted instantly to an office that issues penalties.

The system will catch the motorists known as “camera surfers”, who slow down only briefly as they pass conventional speed cameras before speeding up again.

Local authorities will target 20mph zones where there have been several crashes caused by drivers breaking the limit or accelerating aggressively between humps and chicanes.

",

ahhh nice, a safer Britain.

Milan.

Well I am all in favour of these things, and I might add that it is entirely scurrilous to suggest just because I get a little money each time one is installed it might affect my opinion.

threaded in "Peter Rabbit" mode
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

ahhh nice, a safer Britain.

Milan.

More cash in the coffers more like. They're obviously running out of ideas for stealth taxing and this is a new method of wielding more cash from our already over subscribed pockets. Nice one Tone !

Comment

No problem

What goes up .....

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2c.htm

Comment

Well its only fair!

Mailman

Comment

I managed to do 60mph between 2 speed bumps, but then had to do 1mph to traverse them - average speed, ~25mph.

threaded.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

At least I won't end up pissed off by people in front who do a decent speed and then slow to 1mph to traverse a speed hump because their Ferrari Testosterone is not build for 'normal' roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                Ferrari Testosterone is not build for 'normal' roads.

Or 'built' even

Comment

Working...
                X