• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

References before Interview. Ever not a lead scam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bovvered
    To break the mould I once capitulated to this; it turned out to be genuine and quite a money spinner...
    It wasn't for me, I didn't get the job. It wasn't particularly well paid anyway, so silver linings and all that.

Comment

When once asked for references I gave them the contact details of my previous 2 recruiting agents - strangely they never followed up my leads

Comment

I was asked for 2 referees last week after being told about a contract in Bournmouth that I told them I wasn't interested in. That was Computer People.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Dont see any reason not to give references , if your leaving a contract and expect to go back at a later date then maybe its not in your interest to do so , but I have never worked for the same client twice so its no problem for me.

Comment

I get 50% of my work through repeat business.

If you do a good job, why would the client want to go elsewhere?

Giving leads to agents only encourages them.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              I get 50% of my work through repeat business.
              So you only do a good job half the time?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The other half I'm posting tulipe on here.

Comment

Roughly twice as much tulipe as me. Good work.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X