• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using Amazon.COM rather than Amazon.CO.UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I'm looking at a Dell XPS 27 - $1799 (£1100) in the States versus £1598 in UK ...barstewards!

Total shipping charges: £14225.15 Delivery time:
    Import duty & VAT: £3066.50 << wtf! shirley some mistake!
    Import duty & VAT handling charges: £130.74
    Product costs: £1107.32
    Total costs: £18529.72
    I'll tell you what. Buy me the air ticket and I'll fly over and fetch it for you myself. I'll need a couple of days in a nice hotel over there to recover from the jet lag though! All other expenses paid of course. I guarantee it'll be less than half the £18k you've been quoted

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I'm looking at a Dell XPS 27 - $1799 (£1100) in the States versus £1598 in UK ...barstewards!

Total shipping charges: £14225.15
      Import duty & VAT: £3066.50 << wtf! shirley some mistake!
      Import duty & VAT handling charges: £130.74
      Product costs: £1107.32
      Total costs: £18529.72
      Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      I'll tell you what. Buy me the air ticket and I'll fly over and fetch it for you myself. I'll need a couple of days in a nice hotel over there to recover from the jet lag though! All other expenses paid of course. I guarantee it'll be less than half the £18k you've been quoted
      Oh arrrr

There be what 'appens when you fook up the sizes and use mm rather than cm!

Total shipping charges: £94.09
      Import duty & VAT: £238.82
      Import duty & VAT handling charges: £11.23
      Product costs: £1100.00
      Total costs: £1444.14

Much better but those scurvy dogs at Dell UK be aware to price the UK products so close- the scallywags

oh arrr
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I would order in the UK. I once ordered something small cross border into Switzerland and it failed to appear, I presume it got stuck in customs, was refunded.

My advice just order in the UK and get it in a couple of days. Plus can you imagine the "faff" of trying to get a refund from a US co.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X