• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are all rich people wealth creators?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    How about we accept that enough tax is already too much and start to stop the state from administrating loads of stuff that has no effect on the country other than building civil service empires?
    Spot on. This comment in the Telegraph hit the nail too:-

Any discussion about levels of taxation and government borrowing, encouraging wealth creators, lowering NI on employers, or encouraging people back to work etc. is a complete waste of time.

Government spending needs to be cut by at least 1/3 and government borrowing needs to be brought under control, otherwise the UK economy will continue to stagnate under the weight of high taxation and high government debt.

Benefits should be cut to the absolute minimum so that the unemployed will take jobs that at present only immigrants will do.

The number of civil servants and state employees should be cut by half.

More and more Government spending and borrowing is not progress. It is destructive to the economy and damaging to democracy.

Comment

If raising more tax revenue is the answer then why not give the government all of our earnings?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Just tried to explain about the telly tax to a Mallorcan. He just laughed his head off.
        Have you seen Mallorcan TV? I thought most foreigners exposed to UK TV reckoned it was a good deal.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          If raising more tax revenue is the answer then why not give the government all of our earnings?
          Surely you mean 75%? 25% needs to go to the agent....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Surely you mean 75%? 25% needs to go to the agent....
            I forgot
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              we have too many people on the planet, so why shouldn't a large number of them starve if they can't fend for themselves?
              How many need to starve to get us to the point where there are not "too many" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                How many need to starve to get us to the point where there are not "too many" ?
                if we starved all the lefties then everyone else would aspire to being able to feed themselves

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I beleive that's what the last labour government were trying to implement. But on the stealth. Unfortunately for the coalition, they are now trying to cut taxes that people didn't even know they were paying. So people don't given them any credit as they can't see any difference, but they get carp for the resulting service cuts, like free places at youth clubs, new digital cameras and NorthFace jackets for volunteer emergency responders, refitting recpetions in council offices every 5 years, spending £1M trying to market a sell of off council housing stock to tenants (intead of just selling it off). These are all stories of waste I've heard first hand from friends and relatives so f*** knows what else goes on. Bascially the old phrase is true, it's very easy to spend money when it's other people's money and you are not accountable for it. Lets not get on to the usless jobs that I've seen poople doing, that no company that had to make a profit would put up with. Imagine not having to sell widgets, but being told, we the government will make the public pay for £650billion of your widgets every year. Well that's what they do. Except that widgets are services that they have decided the publib needs. Complete utter, utter, utter, nonsence. If someone want a service they should pay for it. Oh - two more examples, personal this time - Surestart - which my ex-wife attended when our son was born. These were set up in dpreived areas at a cost of billions, to help those in underprivieldged area get access to service. Except that when we went there, it was all the middle class mumies who had driven across town to get there. All the deprived mums were back working at Asda to pay the rent, not taking time off work to go to mother and baby club. Secondly - due to plumbing problems with my ex- we were entitled to several thousand pounds of free NHS investigations, scans and the like. It was only the last bit - getting the sperms mixed with eggs that we paid for. Now, it was nice of them to do all the tests and so on, but nothing was life threatening, and so a lifestyle choice. I think if we took the view that A&E and life threatening illnesses were NHS and the rest was - self insure, our tax bill could be slashed by 1/5 to 1/3 and people left to decide what level of medical cover they required. [edit - this is actually very important point - currently if you have no children you can get free fertility tratment even if you are a chav. We had to pay as we already had one child. This would at least slow down the spread of chavdom and allow the middle classes to try and mount a counter population demographic growth].

As to weatlhy people creating wealth, I think the goverment should give really wealthy people a choice - either they pay Tax or appear on a [BBC] TV show where they get dole-ites to start a busines or get a job. They get to verbally abuse people if they don't make themselves employable/make lots of money. I'd called it The Undercover, Secret Dragon's Millionaire's Boss' Apprenctice Den. It works well for the government as they will be seen to be doing something, and poeple sat at home watching thinking at least their licnese fee is being put to good use. In fact - if its as successful as I envisage - they could replace the parliament channel with it as no one [other than me] watches that.
                  Last edited by IR35FanClub; 10 September 2012, 11:29.
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Oh.

3 or 4 billion ought to do it.

Alternatively, a return to the population levels around 1900 should be reasonably pleasant.
                    That reminds me, I need to put off building my property empire until after "the big die off". Otherwise I'll be left holding loads of properties that I can't rent out. I suppose it's better than buying shares though. I buy the properties in different countries I'll have somewhere to go on holiday. IF I buy them all near my own house, then they'll be as much use as an entry on a computer that says I have 100,000 shares of bankrupt Co worth minus £3.10 after all creditors have been paid.
                    Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
                      I beleive that's what the last labour government were trying to implement. But on the stealth. Unfortunately for the coalition, they are now trying to cut taxes that people didn't even know they were paying.
                      Such as?

Comment

Working...
                      X