• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Culture Wars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    ok so I've written a wall of text without reading the whole thread, but it goes to show that we mostly agree on concensus.

If we all agree in General, then what section of society is it thats tolerating this?
    Do you need me to disagree just to avoid that terrible possibility?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If we all agree in General, then what section of society is it thats tolerating this?
      > HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think someone needs to!

Comment

I think someone needs to!
          Well here we go then. I think that everybody has a right to decide who they let into their house and who they don't. Therefore, the Asian family have every right to demand that the carers are of Asian origin, and even every right to demand 'no blacks'. Nobody should be forced to follow any particular 'culture' in their own home or to adapt their culture, alien or not, in their own home.

Of course, Mrs EO should then have the right to tell them to shove their care requests up their arses and accept the fact that they won't be getting any care as of now. That way, the available carers can be sent to work for people who are more appreciative of their efforts.

Will that do?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Well here we go then. I think that everybody has a right to decide who they let into their house and who they don't. Therefore, the Asian family have every right to demand that the carers are of Asian origin, and even every right to demand 'no blacks'. Nobody should be forced to follow any particular 'culture' in their own home or to adapt their culture, alien or not, in their own home.
            England is my house.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              England is my house.
              That's quite large; your heating bills must be impressive.

Comment

Working...
              X