• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the parents among us....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Gf chef is a teacher and started back last weds.

At her request we're going away this weekend for an already well deserved break, somewhere quiet.

My job for today "as your not working (I.e i'm working from home which is the same thing in her eyes ) have a look for somewhere quiet by he sea."
    Another reason why I dont work from home that often. Just because you're there doesn't mean your not working.

And too many requests for things like can you put the washing on, can you do this/that/other?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      That gets me. Same with my kid.

Start of term monday 3rd september but hang on inset day for staff training on 3rd so first day back is 4th. Not being funny but didnt they have time in their 6 weeks off to fit in one day of staff training!!!!
      I have a friend in france who swears he asked if he could send his back a week early....

Comment

Another reason why I dont work from home that often. Just because you're there doesn't mean your not working.

And too many requests for things like can you put the washing on, can you do this/that/other?
        This pisses me off to be frank; its as though they think you're not working, as you're home....

Comment

That gets me. Same with my kid.

Start of term monday 3rd september but hang on inset day for staff training on 3rd so first day back is 4th. Not being funny but didnt they have time in their 6 weeks off to fit in one day of staff training!!!!
          Do you work in your holiday? The inset day is a day of holiday, the clue is that the children don't go in. My wife's been in the last 2 weeks getting ready as have all the others at the school, and that WAS voluntary.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Do you work in your holiday? The inset day is a day of holiday, the clue is that the children don't go in. My wife's been in the last 2 weeks getting ready as have all the others at the school, and that WAS voluntary.
            ...and my friends wife flew in last thursday from california and started work at her school on the friday.

Can't wait for my wife to start teaching. Seems a bit of a gas; years salary, 4/5ths of a years work. Nice if you can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Can't wait for my wife to start teaching. Seems a bit of a gas; years salary, 4/5ths of a years work. Nice if you can get it.
              Hopefully she will be at a nice rural school where the children throw chalk instead of knives. Or was that just a story I read in the wail?

Comment

More like 4/5 of a professional salary.

Comment

More like 4/5 of a professional salary.
                  Balls, she's on 45k as a department head.

Teachers dont realise just how good they have it. I see her rock up at 8.30 and be home at 5.

Comment

Yes and she'd be on £60k as a manager in a big company. Not to mention, the vast majority of teachers aren't departmental heads.

And I think it's very unlikely anyone is a departmental head in secondary school and works 9-5 and not in the holidays. There's a huge amount of extra stuff on top of the normal crap you have to do as a regular teacher.

How do you know what times your friend's wife leaves home and returns? Is it because it's a made up story with a made up friend?

Comment

Yes and she'd be on £60k as a manager in a big company. Not to mention, the vast majority of teachers aren't departmental heads.

And I think it's very unlikely anyone is a departmental head in secondary school and works 9-5 and not in the holidays. There's a huge amount of extra stuff on top of the normal crap you have to do as a regular teacher.

How do you know what times your friend's wife leaves home and returns? Is it because it's a made up story with a made up friend?
                      We're neighbours, and the wife is very good friends too, and I am the middle kids godson. She does do some marking sometimes, but she can do a lot of that in those times where shes not teaching and doing assorted admin.

Love to see where she'd get 60k as a manager. Senior manager maybe, but manager? I think you're just stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X