• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How often do you eat out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Less and less these days due to the paucity of good quality reasonably priced places.

I haven't had a decent Italian in years and I'm fecking sick of seeing carbonara with CREAM!!!!! over cooked clams and tomato ketchup like sauces.
    Sounds like an excuse for another trip the the eternal city.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Working from home makes it easy to meet friends for lunch so it's almost every day during the week and and least one day at the weekend. Minimum of two nights a week as well.

Contracting away from home meant every night I was away. What d'yall do?
      I eat out in London at a decent restaurant usually once a week on a worknight. Almost invariably it's work related i.e. networking with friends\colleagues. I live in Hampshire so snooze on the late train home. At the weekend; on Friday we'll go out to a local Italian or we have a local restaurant with a Michelin star that knows us and we can usually get a late table. Saturday we'll either be out at a friend's or we'll have friends round for dinner. Sunday lunchtime we might walk to the pub for a pie and a pint. Sunday night we'll normally invite the Father-In-Law in for an Indian or Chinese takeaway.

Seems like a lot but you're here for a good time, not a long time.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        She dumped me

But never mind, onwards and upwards...
        Plenty more fish in the sea. Was it educational?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Dates are for singles (or cheaters). Happily married people going on 'Dates' with each other is, well silly
          No it isn't. Being in the same house every night knackered after work and kids is not time spent together. It's sad but true - couples can go weeks without a proper conversation.

If you don't make a priority of your marriage, it's not going to last. Gibbon are you married?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            No it isn't. Being in the same house every night knackered after work and kids is not time spent together. It's sad but true - couples can go weeks without a proper conversation.

If you don't make a priority of your marriage, it's not going to last. Gibbon are you married?
            Yes it is.

And yes 15 years, we have nights out together not 'Dates'.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

So it's the same bloody thing then, stop being pedantic. A 'date night' just means you pre-arrange to set aside a night and prioritise that above whatever comes up that day. If you do that already, I applaud you for it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                Plenty more fish in the sea. Was it educational?
                Inspirational.

For some reason she keeps on messaging me on Facebook. I have to pretend its my younger brother (using my computer) on there to see whether she might still be up for anything with someone..

Comment

Working...
                X