• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the deal with the *******?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Start a new thread "Why is Gentile so unpopular?" and see where it gets you?
    Oh. Hmm. Well she didn't upset me anyway.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Are you including Gentile in that?

Bully.
      Not necessarily. I just think it applies to a lot of people on this forum who have got no life and nothing better to do than abuse people on an internet forum.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I didn't see what she did to upset people either. What's happened?
        Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        It seems as if she said that there were no posh areas in London and declined to retract it or apologise, or something like that anyway. Obviously that was sufficient to unleash sexual bullying from some of the less adequate posters.
        Not quite true Mr bee.

She decided to have a go at me, totally unprovoked by me, I might add. I've never had any interaction with her. Whatever spat she is having with Spod is nothing to do with me. Whatever spat anyone is having with him is nothing to do with me.

She then went on to complain about CUK - although somehow missed the fact that she was complaining about the very way she decided to have a go at me.

"Actually, I think the comments that've been made over an extended period of time on here by a small number of people have been vicious, and unwarranted, regardless of their applicability. And I'm sure the people who voiced them believed them at the time.

Whether a given slur is true or not is irrelevant. It's a bit like calling someone a "poof", "dyke" or a racial slur based solely on an uninformed perception of them. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the target of the comment is or isn't. What matters is that the person making the comment holds those sentiments. A bigot's behaviour doesn't become more or less acceptable by virtue of whether their target is fit for them or not."
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

BTW Mods/Admin - I know the original thread is closed, so sorry if this opens up a can of worms.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            BTW Mods/Admin - I know the original thread is closed, so sorry if this opens up a can of worms.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I think I tend to miss these incidents because I can't be bothered reading the personal fight threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I think I tend to miss these incidents because I can't be bothered reading the personal fight threads.
                Which begs the question; why are you in General?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Not quite true Mr bee.

She decided to have a go at me, totally unprovoked by me, I might add. I've never had any interaction with her. Whatever spat she is having with Spod is nothing to do with me. Whatever spat anyone is having with him is nothing to do with me.
                  To be fair she did apologise AND admit she was in the wrong, and I can't remember the last time I saw an unconditional apology on CUK.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Pictures of fit birds.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      I don't know why I'm in CUK General. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was younger; now I'm a tester pissing around in CUK General and I really don't know what I did to deserve this.

Comment

Working...
                      X