• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports Headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Cheers Chef. Just had a look on amazon and there are mostly positive reviews for these

BUT (and this seems to happen every time I think I have found a solution)

there are also comments like these:

"The sound quality can best be described as tinny and the ability of these to stay in place (in and on your ears) is awful. As soon as your get hot and start sweating, you spend most of your run trying to keep the damned things in place."
    I cannot imagine what the person who wrote that comment is doing?? They have extremely good bass and simply fit in your ear and don't move one bit, they're made of very sturdy plastic and I've just tried shaking my head as agressively with them on like a dog shakes a toy and they don't move. All I can say is there's always someone out there that will somehow do it wrong, perhaps they wear them backwards???

Search google for "best headphone for running" and the top 3 results all have these headphones as either the winner or in the top 3, all say the sound quality is great and they're sturdy.

Or, just go try them on in a shop and see for yourself.

Top result on google, these came 1st place
    2nd google result, they came 3rd place
    3rd result, let's run.com, they are recommended as best for runners as the 1st recommendation
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

They're similar to the PMX70's great for running, cycling etc but not the gym in general
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

I never wore headphones for running. I depend on all my senses to stay alive.

Actually I did once. It was disconcerting. Especially when running hard.

Comment

I used earphones when cycling once. Then had a close shave with Darwinism and haven't used them on the bike since. I am guessing Running would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I used earphones when cycling once. Then had a close shave with Darwinism and haven't used them on the bike since. I am guessing Running would be the same.
            I run down country lanes towards oncoming traffic. Never had a close shave yet. I also mentioned in my original post I was looking for something for gym

Comment

I run in the park, along the river or around a rowing lake, not on roads or in a heavily populated area, I find headphones/music helps me to run at an even pace as I run to the beat.
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
              X