• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain to be like Madeira in 2080

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More likely to be like Lagos / Karachi, all included.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
      Have you visited Nigeria or Pakistan?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A nice beach will do wonders. Karachi is all right actually.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          A nice beach will do wonders. Karachi is all right actually.
          Yep, not a bad place at all. Obviously there are grotty parts, and a lot of povery, but on the whole I'd say Karachi is quite worthwhile, especially if you have some friends there who'll show you around. Lagos IS a dump, although Victoria Island is OK as a stopover for a few nights, and if you get out of the city and learn something about the cultures it's OK too. Nigerians often have a fantastic sense of humour which makes up for a lot; they seem to get through their days by finding things to laugh about. So even in Lagos there are positives.

Comment

Id put my money on it being like this

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The Met office have shot down in flames the claim that Britain will be sub-tropical in 2060. It will be subtropical in 2080.

This is what you can look forward to. ...
              So what do you think they can look forward to in Madeira, dummy?

(and the hundreds of millions of people at equal or more tropical latutides elsewhere)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                So what do you think they can look forward to in Madeira, dummy?

(and the hundreds of millions of people at equal or more tropical latutides elsewhere)
                And that matters because?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yep, not a bad place at all. Obviously there are grotty parts, and a lot of povery, but on the whole I'd say Karachi is quite worthwhile, especially if you have some friends there who'll show you around. Lagos IS a dump, although Victoria Island is OK as a stopover for a few nights, and if you get out of the city and learn something about the cultures it's OK too. Nigerians often have a fantastic sense of humour which makes up for a lot; they seem to get through their days by finding things to laugh about. So even in Lagos there are positives.
                  Yeah. Even in Treblinka there were positives too.

Pakistan is a failed state with nukes. No booze, no skirts, no music. Not to mention those blasphemy laws that make life there so worthwhile.

Nigeria, well, those emails I receive from time to time are really hilarious, yes. The downside about Nigeria is the population boom: they will
                  hit 450m by 2050. Some estimations even say 900m people. Get a good anti-spam filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Why would anyone want Mitsubishi emblems in his garden?

Maybe Madeira isn't as boring as I first thought?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Pakistan...No booze, no skirts, no music.
                      What, Karachi?

Comment

Working...
                      X