• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you remember?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hush your mouth DP

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    U2
    The blessed Bono (pbuh) is the saviour of the universe (or was that Flash) and his music cannot be judged by mere mortals like us. Say three hail-Geldofs and wash your mouth out with Japanese whisky (that'll teach you!!).
    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      Was there ever a more over-rated pop group?
      Yes, The Pretenders.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Think back. Was anyone at school / uni who was into Marillion, considered cool, hard or 'in' in some way. No chance! They're all mostly teachers and accountants now.

U2 of course were really cool upto The Joshua Tree when they got samey and more and more pretentious and Bono stuck his head up his own 'arris and became a tw*t.

Just my view of course.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Exactly - Marillion fans didn't have girlfriends (or was it the other way round, people who couldn't get girlfriends were attracted to the misery of Marillion?)
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            Yes, The Pretenders.
            What about ZZ Sputnik ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
              What about ZZ Sputnik ?
              Over hyped, not over rated. Everyone knew they were crap despite the marketing
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Spot on with the Marillion thing. They were all total losers who could never get a girlfriend. Always whining and generally socially dysfunctional.

I expect they are all IT contractors now.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                  What about ZZ Sputnik ?
                  ZZ Top or Sigue Sigue Sputnik? Both tulipe, btw.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Beg to differ, Mordac.
                    Very early ZZ TOP (before they were famous) is excellent.

If you're into heavy blues, try
                    ZZ Top's First album (1970)

or Rio Grande Mud (1972)

We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I will check them out and then probably humbly apologise. I was of course referring to their manufactured & over-hyped novelty wedding band period, i.e. when they sold millions.

Comment

Working...
                      X