• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion Sending 30 Trucks Full of 5 Cents Coins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I agree though, the way people seem to be treating Samsung as a plucky independent being bullied by Apple is hilarious. They're flipping massive, they can look after themselves.
    And Apple are hardly a plucky independent being bullied by Samsung either. They're bigger than Samsung.

Patents are meant to protect the small inventor against corporate bullies. None of that applies here.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      And Apple are hardly a plucky independent being bullied by Samsung either. They're bigger than Samsung.

Patents are meant to protect the small inventor against corporate bullies. None of that applies here.
      Oh definitely, I wasn't suggesting they were. This is purely about protecting an advantage and trying to prevent a competitor catching up, all of which is bad for the consumer. But you'd think Samsung were a couple of blokes working out of a garage in Seoul the way some people are talking.

Edit: The fact they can shrug off a billion dollar fine puts paid to that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        So you bought some HP crap without properly checking the specs before hand and now Apple are the saviours? If you had bought a decent IBM/Lenovo or Dell Precision laptop you wouldn't have had the problem
        Not under-speced just mostly broken, with a toss pot organisation for support... I dragged a Toshiba P4 around for my previous power laptop to the HP, it lasted very well but it was just heavy. Show me how you connect TWO 27 inch monitors to any of the laptops you suggested without the need for additional kit? I just plug a single thunderbolt cable into my mac and the second monitor runs off the first. A tidy solution that leaves my desk free of Docking connectors and means my laptop always has most of a days power in it when ever I unplug it...

I'm really pleased that you like Lenovo or Dell products but its clear that you have no clue about hardware otherwise you would know that you cant spec either to the same standard as a mac but there you go...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Patents are meant to protect the small inventor against corporate bullies
          Says who?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            Back to the OP, its a hoax.

It would take a lot more than 30 trucks full of 5 cents to make a billion dollars.....
            You're quite right. For the record a nickel weighs 5g so it would take 2,755 18-wheeler trucks (max legal tare 80,000 lbs) to carry ALL the money.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

I'm really pleased that you like Lenovo or Dell products but its clear that you have no clue about hardware otherwise you would know that you cant spec either to the same standard as a mac but there you go...
              How many Apple laptops have 32gb of memory and i7 processors? My Lenovo does...When buying my new kit I looked at the Mac book Pro but sadly it didn't cut the mustard, especially at that price whereas the Lenovo does.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                Not under-speced just mostly broken, with a toss pot organisation for support... I dragged a Toshiba P4 around for my previous power laptop to the HP, it lasted very well but it was just heavy. Show me how you connect TWO 27 inch monitors to any of the laptops you suggested without the need for additional kit? I just plug a single thunderbolt cable into my mac and the second monitor runs off the first. A tidy solution that leaves my desk free of Docking connectors and means my laptop always has most of a days power in it when ever I unplug it...

In terms of docking techniques it horses for courses really, I've got mine tucked away under the desk and then two 21" monitors and a wireless keyboard and mouse on the desk. Speakers, printer, external drives etc... are all connected to the docking station and hidden away. I presume you'll have to connect these to the monitors or go completely wireless

For Apple Specs vs Lenovo or Dell. I'll let you go and play top trumps on the vendors websites. Once you have some proof to back up your claims I'd love to see it as I am in the market for a new 15" laptop later this year (mines too old now even for Dells extended onsite support) and if a MBP can out perform other manufacturers then I'd defintely get one. (whatever I get needs upgradable RAM, and multiple harddrives)
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Are you talking about the samsung or the iPhone?

Cause from what I see iPhones are ten a penny and owned by anyone able to sign a 2 year mobile phone contract
                  Thats the point, they can sign the contract but they cant read it. Anyone withh some intelligence andwho thinks things like, "i wonder if i can get a better way of inputting text" will be better of with a droid. If you like an applicance apple is best.

Im not biased have had both. Got myself an SGS2 and missus an iphone 4GS. Some bits of the iphone are better (like the fact it doesnt hang and use up the battery in 3 hours) but then the samsung has a miles better screen and suits me as a techy a lot more.

Have to say for pads, i wouldnt recommend anything other than ipad yet. This might change if they can get something like garageband, numbers, idesign, sketchbook express on droid. And starwars falcon gunner :-) Cant play it on the bus though, you'd look a nob standing up swinging the ipad up down and around in 360 degrees.
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Working...
                  X