• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Have ended up playing L4D2, and on my own LA Noire.

Love mindless zombie killing and tactics with my best friends with L4D2 - we all love the camaraderie, mandatory group covering tactics and the cathartic release of mindless killing of the undead (insert RL team leads of your choice).
    Something bad I found with the Left For Dead franchise is that the first person viewing angle is very narrow so when you spin around it makes me puke.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      so I need HJ to give me some advice
      Never talk about rep on here

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      HJ and EO write us a review sometime, how's it going?.

Well I have now played for a total of 3 hours, therefore in good old CUK tradition I can call myself an expert, the things I have discovered are:

I brought the CD as I like to have them rather than download

There is no monthly fee

Character gen was cute, your choice of personality will affect how NPCs react to you

I played the elf / dryad / treeant race as a guardian (healer in heavy armour & a big stick)

So far I have worked out how to move, found the bank hit many things did a few events, made a box (container variant), joined a guild (you can join many which is nice)

It has a mechanism that will restrict your effective level to match the area you are in (stops high level farming|)

You can access mail & teleporters from any where

The more you use a weapon the more special attacks you learn with it

In crafting you can play about & discover recipes if you want to

You can gather anything, no gather skill is required

The bank has separate slots for crafting stuff, freeing up storage

Doing events will get you karma which you can spend on gimmicks

There is an overflow area that looks just like the server if you server has a queue so no time lost there

Oh & it won’t work with Team Speak 2, but that gave me a reason to finally update to TS3 & that works fine.

It looks very pretty

So over all, has potential & will stick with it a while longer at least BGG is gushing & very happy & as it keeps him quiet it’s all good
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        BGG is gushing & very happy
        this makes me smile

hallo BGG
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          this makes me smile

hallo BGG
          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chef again

I shall pass your on to him
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
            Something bad I found with the Left For Dead franchise is that the first person viewing angle is very narrow so when you spin around it makes me puke.
            You want to try it 1 foot from a 30" screen!

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

HJ you there yet?
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Did an hour before work, hit level 6.

Spent a long time trying to get to a vista view, before realising it was a jump-a-thon.

then I lazed on top of the plinth for five minutes taking in the view
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                  Ask again in 6 months, I like to take my time
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Has it got zombies? If so, I'm in!
                    If you like Zombies the The Walking Dead game is great. Just downloading episode 3 now as its finally out. Its kind of an old school point and click/make decisions game but the art style is lovely and the story is pretty good too.

Was on sale cheap on Steam yesterday for the season pass, dunno if it is now.

Comment

level 13 now.
                      I started crafting this morning, to see what all the fuss was about. finished exploring the city

Its very good, I got lost in Divinity's Reach in exactly the same way I got lost in Barcelona last year, and found my way out in exactly the same way. uncanny

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X