• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LingsCars: The Gold Standard Of Web Design

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LINGsCARS View Post
    hahahaha, well hello everyone.

I thought I would log in and reply and say "hi".

Amazing how many people seem offended, but so often they miss the point. Some people here see it.

It doesn't matter what reaction you have, as long as you have a reaction. What is the point of creating a business where you need to pay relentlessly to advertise to attract customers (I don't ever pay to advertise)? Yet I have over 104,000 unique visitors this month already. Now... some will have cars, some won't... so what. If there weren't people who disliked my site, there would be no one who liked it. It's pointless to try and attract everyone, you just end up mediocre.

Current Gross Profit indications are that it will be well over £500,000 this year, so I am happy with growth. What recession?

I wait for people to argue that if I had a more "normal" website I would do even better - that is NOT the findings of my competitors who are NOT posting record growth figures, I can assure you.

If the point is "do you like this", then I understand the negative reactions. If the point is "is this a good way to promote your business" then to say "NO" is plainly stupid, as my website works really well. People like a bit of entertainment. Wear sunglasses And earplugs. hahaha

Ling

Comment

Reminds me of lyrics from "We are the league" (Anti-nowhere league)

You criticise us, you say we're s**t
      But we're up here and we're doing it
      So don't you criticise the things we do
      No f****r pays to go and see you

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I think the design achieves exactly what the owner is aiming for.
        WHS. I know this egotistical maniac and whilst shes great value for fun, shes a total overboard nutter.

I'm sure she was driving around newcastle in a bloody rocket launcher the other month.

I've just seen Lings posted here - Hi !! What's next year an aircraft carrier down the Tyne??
        Last edited by Scoobos; 28 August 2012, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Reminds me of lyrics from "We are the league" (Anti-nowhere league)

You criticise us, you say we're s**t
          But we're up here and we're doing it
          So don't you criticise the things we do
          No f****r pays to go and see you
          Ha!!! I have been to see the Anti-Nowhere League and even have them up on my You Tube channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeE-cAmcUrs

Damn you!

Enjoy Christine. She explains:

Ling
          Last edited by LINGsCARS; 28 August 2012, 15:43.

Comment

She sounds like a complete nut case. But looks like a niche business model that she has managed to achieve.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by LINGsCARS View Post
              hahahaha, well hello everyone.

I thought I would log in and reply and say "hi".
              I wondered how long that would take

Hi Ling

Everybody else: whatever you might think of the site, one thing Ling is totally on top of is noticing when she and her site are being discussed, and chipping in. I've lost count of the number of places I've seen her pop up.

And that, my friends, is how you do online marketing, no matter what the graphic designers tell you

Comment

Working...
              X