• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Open Letter to The Daily Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    That's how we got in this mess in the first place. Too many people sitting around tea and biscuits and not actually doing anything.
    That will be the way until the chavs lose football on their flat screen TV while drinking beer.

Nothing you can do to change that.

Comment

That's how we got in this mess in the first place. Too many people sitting around tea and biscuits and not actually doing anything.
      I only just realised I'm right wing. Well actually a right wing liberal with leftist tendancies. ( I like rules that say - let people do what they want free of state intervention - as long as what they do doesn't affect me or screw up my planet). Thats why I don't like political party idealism. Idelism kind of disappearded other than big state/little state, and now we have all parties figthing for the middle ground. And me voting for anyone who didn't get in last time. LOL.

I guess that means the Greens ot Labour next time. Actually - Labour had a go recently and screwed it up. I used to think the Greens had some barmy ideas that would never work. But am slowly thinking... well just maybe we need to try something radically different. And sorry - BNP is a branch of a the spanish property devleopers trying to buy up the UK at a discount by getting rid of all non european land owners. It was silly of them to use the same name for their political party and their business ventures - I spotted it straight away. UKIP, Hmmmn, aren't they the tories who "really really don't want to be in EU" - not just "prefer not to be in the EU, but won't say so". Which by all accounts means they'll probably be ok then. Ok. lets hope the next election spits our a UKIP/Green coalition. Now we've got used to the fact that coalition governments are just as useless as one party rule, we should be a bit more flexibile than the 2[3] party voting system we used to stick to.
      Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Nonsense. Tea and biscuits didn't bankrupt the world. There's been no tea and biscuits in Wall Street, the City, Brussels, Athens or Rome for many a year. It's all those woofty poofty frappucinos and the wide boys that drink them that have bankrupted the world.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I like rules that say - let people do what they want free of state intervention - as long as what they do doesn't affect me or screw up my planet
          That's libertarianism (with a touch of green).

Comment

Working...
          X