• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running When Tired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    DId you go? Did my lap of the pond - all sweaty now.
    Not even back at my digs yet! Will be going though
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Not even back at my digs yet! Will be going though
      Go go go!

Comment

I've now been 3 nights in a row with about 4 hours sleep

Should I still go for a run tonight? My legs feel willing, my head feels ****ed
        Yes do an easy run if it helps you sleep, but not a hard run or really long.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Possibly the worst run of my life

Couldn't get into a comfortable rhythm and so form, posture and breathing was all over the place
          Legs then fell asleep after a mile

Decided to pack it in before I damaged something
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

A 3 mile 'run'

I'm 51 and manage 10 miles daily not including swimming and that's carrying 2 stone more than I should. It's all in the head not the legs.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Was more in need of motivation than advice
              Damn I was going to tell you which leg to start with as well.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Wish I saw his earlier - NO! One reason, look up adrenal fatigue!!!

Had it once, awful awful! No sleep, exercise and coffee - big contributors!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  A 3 mile 'run'

I'm 51 and manage 10 miles daily not including swimming and that's carrying 2 stone more than I should. It's all in the head not the legs.
                  Until you need a double hip replacement...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Until you need a double hip replacement...
                    Depends on the surface you do your runs on. Stay off road as much as possible if you like your joints and bones.

Oh and it's not a good idea to run if you a really tired though the only way to know if you are really that tired is to go for a run. If you are still suffering at 10 minutes then stop.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Kelstar View Post
                      Wish I saw his earlier - NO! One reason, look up adrenal fatigue!!!

Had it once, awful awful! No sleep, exercise and coffee - big contributors!
                      It may have summat to do with all the pints and the hoooge pork sarnie he had last night
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X