• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The X Factor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The motown story is exactly the same as the xfactor, the Supremes had to queue up to sing this...

to Diana Ross a few years later

Comment

Marvin Gaye had to put the time in playing the drums, ( this is probably my favourite drum beat ever )

Heard it through the grapevice is easily the greatest drum sound ever.

Comment

Where am I going with this?

Motown and the xfactor are no different, both of them were hit factories who pushed and placed singers to pre written and arranged songs using the same studio musicians, if you have a problem with the xfactor you have a problem with motown.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          So see when I see this type of stuff it kind of really pisses me off, I am going to stick my oars out and say that I know something about music, I have played the drums for 30 years, I am competent on the piano and I can get by on the guitar and bass.

Here are some previous xfactor contestants, not stuff I would listen to but if you cant see that these people have talent and that the xfactor worked for them then...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Best audition ever.

Them the force her to sing ABBA and big band swings songs for the next 12 weeks and completely lose the point of what she turned up to do.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Best audition ever.

Them the force her to sing ABBA and big band swings songs for the next 12 weeks and completely lose the point of what she turned up to do.

TBH it's that kind of idiocy that makes me think The X Factor is dross. That and the rather vicious auditions. There's no doubting that there has been some real talent, but if the contestant is too original, they won't get anywhere.

Oh, and I don't like Motown - while recognising the abilities of individual artists.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X