• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radio 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't think that it is because I am getting older, some of the stuff that gets played on that station is truly brutal. The grime stuff is hilariously bad.

WTF is that Nicki Minaj all about?
    Its not that you are getting older, Nicki Minaj's music is just unbearable

Comment

Originally posted by farout117 View Post
      Its not that you are getting older, Nicki Minaj's music is just unbearable
      When you were the age of the people who like Minaj, people the age you are now were saying EXACTLY the same about the new popular bands of your time.

It's naive to think our generation or the new generation are special. Nothing new under the sun...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        When you were the age of the people who like Minaj, people the age you are now were saying EXACTLY the same about the new popular bands of your time.

It's naive to think our generation or the new generation are special. Nothing new under the sun...
        I never heard anyone saying anything bad about Queen, Deep Purple, Metallica, Rolling Stones, Nirvana. Mind you I also like today's music, Armin, Tiesto, Guetta, don't feel any old for this kind of music. I just don't like Nicky Minaj and all the hype about her.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Radio 1 is a one size fits all station for those people who aren't fortunate enough to live in a city where they have a choice of radio stations.

I think I've only listened to Radio 1 for a total of 6 months of my life - I spent most of my youth listening to pirate radio. It was more fun at university as I was actually listening to people I knew.

Now if I'm in a place were I can't get a lot of radio stations I listen to Radio 2.
          I don't agree. Radio 1 is just the charts..always has been and always will. All the local radio stations tend to be a clone of this. There are no stations that play current rock except Kerannng as far as I am aware.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by farout117 View Post
            I never heard anyone saying anything bad about Queen, Deep Purple, Metallica, Rolling Stones, Nirvana.
            Then clearly it never happened, because clearly you spoke to everyone in the world.

Loads of people hate metal and hard rock of all varieties for being 'too noisy' or 'just screaming', the same way people now say modern music is 'all computers' or 'just noise'.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think thed R and B stuff is a new level of terrible not heard before in this country.

Also I dont think the level of music is as popular as the airplay time on radio 1 presents. R and B is not really popular outside of london but it gets over promotion on radio 1 as it is the music of the inner city london yoof.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Then clearly it never happened, because clearly you spoke to everyone in the world.

Loads of people hate metal and hard rock of all varieties for being 'too noisy' or 'just screaming', the same way people now say modern music is 'all computers' or 'just noise'.
                Yeah it was tough getting the world's opinion.

'all computers' or 'just noise' music makes you feel old? It makes me feel young again!

Comment

I can't bear the day time shows on Radio 1. I listen to Radio 4 during the day (now I really know I'm getting old) and Radio 1 in the evenings.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I can't bear the day time shows on Radio 1. I listen to Radio 4 during the day (now I really know I'm getting old) and Radio 1 in the evenings.
                    I am in the same boat, stopped listening to Radio1 a while ago, a mix of Radio4 and FiveLive for me these days!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

John Peel. The exception that proves the rule.

Comment

Working...
                      X