• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Client Co is the Worst

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Not to mention having to keep to the left on the stairwell!
    That's to stop loitering idiots from blocking the entire width of the stairs.

Seriously some people in the UK think they have the right to block stairs, foot paths, whatever because everyone walks at their extremely, extremely slow speed.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In a similar vein to other CUKers airing their grievances about their particular Client Co's I feel I've been driven to enter the fray by a message I've just received in my inbox this morning.

The message was entitled You have just incurred a kitchen etiquette violation and the body of the message goes on to explain that I left my coffee mug on the drainer in the pantry last night rather than putting it back in the cupboard. The message informs me that the accrual of 3 violations will result in my disqualification from using the coffee making facilities for a period of one month.

Has anyone ever seen anything quite so petty?

Mind you, this is an environment where mobile phones have to be switched off, chatter is discouraged and toilet breaks are initiated by the starting of a desktop mounted stopwatch such that the whole room is aware of exactly how long you have been absent.

As you can imagine, the permies at this place are a downtrodden lot. This is best exemplified by an occurrence that takes place every afternoon around 3 o' clock. The silence is broken by a little voice from the corner of the room - "Would anyone like a drink of water?" This is received with much enthusiasm, comments such as "wow, nice one", "you're a real star" are typical and when our water carrier returns he is greeted with whoops of joy and hi fives all round.

The fact that the offer of a glass of water is the highlight of the day says it all really.
      If you have a BusinessAnalyst2012 http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ing-about.html type at your work you now know what to do with his tea cup

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Maybe if people were grown up enough to keep kitchen areas clean there wouldn't be a need for what you deem as "petty" rules.
        Sad but true. It's sad some people are so petty, but when you end up cleaning up after thoughtless jerks every day it's hardly surprising.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In a similar vein to other CUKers airing their grievances about their particular Client Co's I feel I've been driven to enter the fray by a message I've just received in my inbox this morning.

The message was entitled You have just incurred a kitchen etiquette violation and the body of the message goes on to explain that I left my coffee mug on the drainer in the pantry last night rather than putting it back in the cupboard. The message informs me that the accrual of 3 violations will result in my disqualification from using the coffee making facilities for a period of one month.

Has anyone ever seen anything quite so petty?

Mind you, this is an environment where mobile phones have to be switched off, chatter is discouraged and toilet breaks are initiated by the starting of a desktop mounted stopwatch such that the whole room is aware of exactly how long you have been absent.

As you can imagine, the permies at this place are a downtrodden lot. This is best exemplified by an occurrence that takes place every afternoon around 3 o' clock. The silence is broken by a little voice from the corner of the room - "Would anyone like a drink of water?" This is received with much enthusiasm, comments such as "wow, nice one", "you're a real star" are typical and when our water carrier returns he is greeted with whoops of joy and hi fives all round.

The fact that the offer of a glass of water is the highlight of the day says it all really.

: Malc, have to say, its one of your better efforts.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Sad but true. It's sad some people are so petty, but when you end up cleaning up after thoughtless jerks every day it's hardly surprising.
            Id be happy if people could just lift the seat up before pissing. The other day the seat looked a little brown, thankfully there are other plenty of other toilets to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              Id be happy if people could just lift the seat up before pissing. The other day the seat looked a little brown, thankfully there are other plenty of other toilets to choose from.
              I use the disabled toilet as my clientCo havent realised they have a disabled toilet in an mazanine office that is only accessible by stairs

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                Id be happy if people could just lift the seat up before pissing.
                I thought you were a woman!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  I use the disabled toilet as my clientCo havent realised they have a disabled toilet in an mazanine office that is only accessible by stairs
                  That's quality!

I frequently visit a client that's hot on the H&S: mandatory holding onto the handrail while climbing up or down any stairs and, this is the best one, all cups must have lids while the person is moving across the office - including cold water from the water dispenser FFS!!!!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I had some bloke jump up from eating his lunch to tell me that I was breaking the BP stairs use safety policy by using my mobile and not holding the hand rail. He even butted in while I was mid phone call to tell me.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      That's quality!

I frequently visit a client that's hot on the H&S: mandatory holding onto the handrail while climbing up or down any stairs and, this is the best one, all cups must have lids while the person is moving across the office - including cold water from the water dispenser FFS!!!!
                      BP?
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X