• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computerised MOT's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: failures

AtW, here's a challenge for you. If it is so simple, write one. If you can do it you stand a decent chance of making a lot of money.

However, I suspect you will be caught out by the usual imposed crap such as... It must be able to be used by dyslexic one fingered lesbians (less than one finger disqualifies you from being a lesbian) with no command of the English language and no interest in working.

Oh, and it must work in Bengali, Swahili, Punjabi and Portuguese - English is an optional extra.

Then you need to prove that no one will get injured by using the system - RSI etc. can be expensive.

I could go on, but I hear a pint calling my name.

Good luck

Comment

db

> AtW, here's a challenge for you. If it is so simple, write one. If
      > you can do it you stand a decent chance of making a lot of money.

Dude, I've done enough database and UI work -- the task at hand is simple, its a no brainer.

> Then you need to prove that no one will get injured by using
      > the system - RSI etc. can be expensive.

Bullcrap -- they dont care about RSI. The problem with Child Credits was that system was not calculating values correctly. Just how many fecking variables they had to deal with? Family income, number of children and a few more FFS >:

Comment

Re: db

AtW. Don't sweat it mate. Just focus on that SKA.....

Comment

I fail to see what the colour of the Government has to do wi

Going back to the above comment, it has a hell of a lot to do with NL. For my sins, I have spent a couple of years working in Gov't projects and I can tell you half a dozen or so companies are doing the merry-go-round of contracts.
          Siemens BS who are behind the MOT PFI, were behind the passport fiasco (remember the queues outside the Home Office) and the even bigger Asylum&Immigration fiasco at the IND/HO. The Home Office under Blunkett got so fed up with them last year that did not extend their lucrative contract for another 7 years (!) to go ahead with more of the same (Asylum Reports) and the new terrorist stuff (finger printing, iris scanning) that will go into the new passports. This will now be done by Atos Origin, an American company (at least they should know what the US wants from the UK)
          To sweeten the pill, a couple of months later Siemens got the BBC contract whereby all BBC IT staff has now become part of Siemens, hence they are up in arms). There is no real saving from this, other than lining the pockets of a 'friendly' company that in turn may (or may not) have donated towards the NL pre-election coffers
          I haven't even got to EDS, but you all know about them.
          Also, what can you say about IBM, that hasn't been said already ?

Comment

Re: I fail to see what the colour of the Government has to d

Is that the BBC or BBC (Brown Boveri Corp) ?

Seem to recall from a job I had years ago that BBC (the latter) were tulipe and they were German controlled too and the missus has a Braun hair dryer twenty years ago and that was tulipe and I got a Braun shaver for Xmas that's tulipe that is and my van has a Volkswagon gearbox the external links kept popping off - tulipe all German products are tulipe and don't get me started on the Frogs I had a

Comment

Working...
            X