• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fixed term employment contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    I did 6 months of this one.

After that was up they gave me a permanent job.

A month later they made me redundant and i got a 15k payout.

That was a good summer.
    How strange given that no redundancy is due until after a year of employment. After that its 1 week for each year served.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      How strange given that no redundancy is due until after a year of employment. After that its 1 week for each year served.
      You are talking about mandatory payout, there is nothing to stop a company paying out a higher amount.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        Yeah i had no idea why they did that but as you can imagine, i did not hang around to find out, i got my sig on the documents ASAFP.

It might have been an internal policy or there may have been breach of contract because it was so quickly after i signed. They went bankrupt 6 months later.

That's actually what got me into contracting. I had a nice holiday in the US and then upped my certifications and had a warchest to look for that first contract job.

Comment

Working...
        X