• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does private education produce so many medal winners?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    This also had the downside that kids who weren't sporty had a hard time of it. If you weren't sporty or very gifted academically then you were fecked.

I was a runner, mainly 1500 and Cross Country and because I was on the team, my weekends were owned by the team. I'd spend at least one full weekend day training or competing, I didn't have a choice in that. Hated it at the time but thats another reason, they push you more.
    That is an interesting point, I have never thought of it from that point of view.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Nil point. We public schoolers are just better than you commoners. HTH.
      nil points

Comment

Nil point. We public schoolers are just better than you commoners. HTH.
        You're even more delusional than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I suppose the threat of buggery every night encourages one to run fast.
          One would expect the threat of knifing or mugging among the state schools to be a greater incentive.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            You're even more delusional than I thought.
            Trying to think is the source of many of your problems. You are not designed for it.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              This. I went to public school and sport was a large part of the curriculum and culture. So where the kids at Pikey High were having the odd game of soccer and rounders, we were geared up for Rugby, Cricket, all the Track 'n Field events and we even had a pool and played water polo. The school also did regular cricket and rugby tours to SA and other far flung places.
              I was at Pikey High and we did all that and more. Our school had 4 football pitches (1 doubled up as hockey), 2 rugby pitches, 1 cricket pitch plus nets, the full complement of track and field facilities, netball, 2 gyms, swimming pool, tennis courts and a fair bit more. I remember getting AAA certificates for various track and field events and other kids going off to do well in athletics and playing football and cricket for professional teams (I trailed for Essex CC while still at school.) Sadly most of the football and rugby stuff got sold off for housing which happened with many state schools....
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Oh dear:

British athletes as Andy Murray, Bradley Wiggins, Helen Glover, Victoria Pendleton, Jessica Ennis, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farah, so it falls to me to make the point: they are all champions from a state school background ...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Oh dear:
                  Why 'Oh Dear'?

Comment

Nil point. We public schoolers are just inbred sexual deviants. HTH.
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I suppose the threat of buggery every night encourages one to run fast.
                      Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      One would expect the threat of knifing or mugging among the state schools to be a greater incentive.
                      It would be interesting if privately educated athletes are better at sitting down sports and state school educated athletes better at pegging it sports.

Comment

Working...
                      X