• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Breaking News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    My watch cost more than my car so I'm gonna wear it.
    Your car was stolen. Is your watch?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      I hate when people ask me the time, as I have to pretend I've just noticed it's stopped. It only works once per person per watch before they see me wearing it again and I have to admit to the real reason.
      So you don't actually use the watch, its just an accessory to complement to look or style? Thats fine, have a broken watch but use your phone when someone asks you the time. Or just make something up
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        So you don't actually use the watch, its just an accessory to complement to look or style? Thats fine, have a broken watch but use your phone when someone asks you the time. Or just make something up
        That brings me to my box of mobile phones.

...only kidding.

Comment

Mine's is 51 years old and draws comments when I'm wearing it and just love it anyway. I have my father's gold watch but won't wear it out and about.
          Let's see it. If only so as I'm not the only one posting photos!

Comment

I dont wear a watch and I dont have a mobile phone.

I tried to set up a blog last year, but one of the compulsory fields for registration was a mobblie number.
            Tried to blag it but it didnt get past validation.

So there we have it, a mobile phone is not a luxury item, it's expected

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Let's see it. If only so as I'm not the only one posting photos!
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I dont wear a watch and I dont have a mobile phone.

I tried to set up a blog last year, but one of the compulsory fields for registration was a mobblie number.
                Tried to blag it but it didnt get past validation.

So there we have it, a mobile phone is not a luxury item, it's expected
                I dropped mine in a puddle back in 2003, and it stopped working dead. I kept meaning to replace it, but since I was in a permie role at the time and didn't strictly need one, I never got around to it for two whole years. It was bliss; nobody being able to get a hold of you for "urgent" requests or being interrupted when you were trying to concentrate. I only got one again when the cameras and internet access on them improved, and I had a reason for me rather than for other people to carry one again.

Comment

Nice. I was about to ask if it was a Breitling?, but I see from the filename that it is.

Comment

Nice. I was about to ask if it was a Breitling?, but I see from the filename that it is.
                    The only working example left of that model from that year. Breitling took the pics when I sent it to them for repair and that cost more than MF's car.

I never go flying without it.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

The only working example left of that model from that year. Breitling took the pics when I sent it to them for repair and that cost more than MF's car.

I never go flying without it.
                      I hope your plane's no as old.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                      X