• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another gold medal!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ they have a walking competition?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Have we beaten France yet?
      Yes, and Germany, and Australia. It doesn't get much better than that, really.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        They don't require both skill and fitness.
        Yes they do.

Would I be correct in thinking you never got past the stabilizers?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Nope, cycling at 50 mph on a banked track with no brakes, no freewheel, slick tyres and another rider about 3 inches in front of you doesn't require skill at all, as long as you're happy to break your neck every single time you go on the track.

Do we have any trolls that actually have a bleeding clue what they're talking about?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Do we have any trolls that actually have a bleeding clue what they're talking about?
            Yes, in all matters related to macro economics, global politics and computing.

Comment

I can ride a bike forwards, turn it, do one handed, no handed and even pop a wheelie. What skills am I missing from the armoury of the professional cyclist?

I'm not saying I'm not impressed by the fitness levels but it's not a sport as it fails one the 'skill' criteria. Same way that Darts isn't a sport as it doesn't have a fitness element.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

What skills am I missing from the armoury of the professional cyclist?
                You are a loser.

Comment

I can ride a bike forwards, turn it, do one handed, no handed and even pop a wheelie. What skills am I missing from the armoury of the professional cyclist?

I'm not saying I'm not impressed by the fitness levels but it's not a sport as it fails one the 'skill' criteria. Same way that Darts isn't a sport as it doesn't have a fitness element.
                  I have a gun and can shoot a burglar. No skill involved. I have no idea why shooting is an olympic sport.

Comment

Your position on the bike is probably awful, you need to be able to think tactically, know what pace you can sustain over a distance, ride safely in a group, ride safely on the road (for the 8-10000 miles or more of training you'll do on the road every year) and ideally you want to be able to do track stands as well.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I have a gun and can shoot a burglar. No skill involved. I have no idea why shooting is an olympic sport.
                      They don't shoot people in the back...

Comment

Working...
                      X