• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another gold medal!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Not as good as 1908 though.
    I'm surprised you can still remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      I'm surprised you can still remember.
      I was there yesterday.

Threaded.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not as good as 1908 though.
        That's what I was thinking, we got 50-odd then. But I think they included things like tug of war and cricket, which was just us against the French.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          That's what I was thinking, we got 50-odd then. But I think they included things like tug of war and cricket, which was just us against the French.
          Was trying to see why 1908 was so high. Either side of that was 5 gold medals odd. So where we the only people at the 1908 games!???

I see they had deer shooting back then.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Was trying to see why 1908 was so high. Either side of that was 5 gold medals odd. So where we the only people at the 1908 games!???

Wasn't there pigeon shooting as well? And the standing long jump.

I could look it up but I'll guess there weren't many competitors from exotic places like USA.

Comment

Anyone see that flob?

After Mo Farah crossed the line and lay on the floor, we were on the edge of our seats as he rolled towards that big dollop of white flob that a fellow competitor had just spat onto the track.

He never saw it but thankfully he stopped rolling just in time and missed it by inches.
              Last edited by Doggy Styles; 5 August 2012, 07:43.

Comment

24 countries competing in 1908, 204 countries this year apparently.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Murray is destroying Federer - double break in the first and second set.

But with Roger, it's never over until the final point - he has a habit of needing about an hour to wake up in the big finals.

Comment

Murray is killing Federer - a break and 2 sets up now.

He's playing as if he has to finish off this game quickly so he can win the 2nd gold later.

Comment

4 points from the gold...

Comment

Working...
                      X