• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

thought provoking article. Not recommended for the sound bite/short attention span types though.

news-service.stanford.edu...61505.html

Can you please summarise in a meaningless, spin obsessed sound-bite? I'm from the New Lie generation.

Comment

OK here goes:

tune in,
      turn on,
      drop out,
      learn stuff,
      use it later,
      get cancer
      get it cured
      get rich
      get sacked
      get richer
      find what you love
      find what pays well
      find what you love and pays well
      do it
      stay hungry
      stay foolish

Comment

DP

Rich bloke was once poor. But according to him, because of his brilliant intuition he became rich. So his advice is don't be rich like me, stay hungry and foolish, @#%$.:lol

Comment

"If today was your last day on Earth, is this what you would be doing"

Too right, I'd make it the most wining, bitching session on CUK ever!

Comment

DP, you can sum it up as follows:

1. Steve Jobs has been a lucky b@stard.

2. So have his adoptive parents, because he dropped out of a very expensive college which they were struggling to pay for.

3. So have we, because without him we would still be using courier font on character VDUs for all our IT work.

4. And so has DCJ, because without him we wouldn't have Toy Story.

Comment

Working...
            X