• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Empty Seats at the London Olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    They should give the tickets away free to British taxpayers.
    FTFY

Comment

Troops have now been ordered to fill empty seats. You couldn't make that up
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Troops have now been ordered to fill empty seats. You couldn't make that up
        Olympics empty seats row: Locog calls in the army (again) | Sport | guardian.co.uk

"The London organising committee (Locog) refused to rule out offering seats to G4S staff if the problem persists."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          FTFY
          Ignoring the above twat, I'd also like to add..

They should have given the tickets for free to schoolchildren at state schools to encourage them to better their (doomed) futures with sporting careers.

Unfortunately our government only panders to big corporates.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

You think taxpayer funded tickets should be given to anybody other than taxpayers (or their children)?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You think taxpayer funded tickets should be given to anybody other than taxpayers (or their children)?
              They should be resold. It should be the people's Olympics and people ve allowed to queue up and then come in if the seats are not taken in 60 minutes.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

They should have given the tickets for free to schoolchildren at state schools to encourage them to better their (doomed) futures with sporting careers.

Unfortunately our government only panders to big corporates.
                You'll find a lot of schools have already got free tickets.

Good luck getting hold of anybody in schools to organise free tickets now though (everybody finished work a week ago)
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  They should be resold. It should be the people's Olympics and people ve allowed to queue up and then come in if the seats are not taken in 60 minutes.
                  Whilst I agree with resale in principle, I think this is too complicated logistically, bearing in mind how much Ticketmaster screwed up the original sales...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    How would expect to have matching number of people who queue with empty seats that are unknown in advance?

I've got free trickets from sponsor BUT they made me confirm interest way before the event and won't give me tickets until I check-in early morning - the price of train tickets would certainly be crazy.

Comment

As usual the army have to step in and get paid for watching the Olympics. Poor sods.

Comment

Working...
                      X