• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the pain in spain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    ISTR Berlusconi trying to garner votes by pretending to be kicking all their Rumanians out a few years ago in the face of warnings from the EU.
    ftfy
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Because we need as many poor, uneducated, 3rd world immigrants as possible to claim social and prop up the BTL market.

HTH BIDI
      Ironically that describes the majority of Cypriot immigrants who came over in the 50s and 60s.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Ironically that describes the majority of Cypriot immigrants who came over in the 50s and 60s.
        ...and whose children went on to set up and run businesses, get professional degrees and qualifications and generally became all round good eggs?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          ...and whose children went on to set up and run businesses, get professional degrees and qualifications and generally became all round good eggs?
          Aye. And now that the native Cypriots have got fat and lazy with Euro cash, perhaps a better policy would be to encourage immigration on their crap island.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes, Michelle, a very salient point.

As a matter of fact, there has been a television programme recently which details the history of various London streets.

I can't recall the name of this programme nor the street which featured as the subject of the edition of which I caught the tail end (it could have been Edgeware Road, but I'm not sure).

What I do remember, though, is that the properties in said street were almost exclusively under the ownership (excuse me, Nigel) of the offspring of the Greek Chariots who had settled in the area during the 1960s.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Aye. And now that the native Cypriots have got fat and lazy with Euro cash, perhaps a better policy would be to encourage people to go and crap on their island.
              FTFY
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You're talking about Peter Andre aren't you?

Comment

I am not too sure the EU would allow it, to be frank. The whole thing about the EU, is freedom of trade, freedom of movement. You can't say on entry, have you enough money to support yourself for X months, as that would be restricting freedom of movement.

Can't see it happening to be honest, I think there's going to be a lot of nationalistic political smoke and mirrors going on at the moment, to appease people severely under the cosh. I have a good friend married to a Spaniard, who said politicians really climbed about the nationalist express when Spain won Euro 2012, to try and mask the fact it was a tremendously bad news day otherwise.

Politicians, terrible folk. I cannot remember who said it, but someone once said folks nationalist ideals grow more in recession. I didn't se many Spaniards complaining of the millions of Germans, Dutch, Irish and English folk fueling their building trade/Employment statistics.

Comment

Working...
                  X