• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like the debts will be getting paid off sooner than expected...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess both Ferrari and Porsche are happy and so are their staff as they're in business
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      There are a lot of marine engineers and craftsmen being kept busy building yachts. I think it is the large corporates who are hoarding it not the wealthy individuals.
      BBC News - China's thirst for luxury is a boom for yacht builders

Comment

They best way around this is to simply make the UK a tax haven.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          They best way around this is to simply make the UK a tax haven.
          It already is, UK companies make fantastic offshore companies and the best thing is they are onshore.

Comment

Working in Switzerland has showed me just how much we get screwed in the UK, I was paying 8-9% tax here and now I only pay 5% since I got married. Whatsmore there are other areas in Switzerland where you pay even less tax than that, sure if your uber rich you pay more but it's nowhere near the amount you'd pay in the UK.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Working in Switzerland has showed me just how much we get screwed in the UK, I was paying 8-9% tax here and now I only pay 5% since I got married. Whatsmore there are other areas in Switzerland where you pay even less tax than that, sure if your uber rich you pay more but it's nowhere near the amount you'd pay in the UK.
              Unfortunately you cant park your ocean going yacht in Switzerland
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Naming and Shaming the “Morally Repugnant” David Gauke - Guy Fawkes' blog

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Unfortunately you cant park your ocean going yacht in Switzerland
                  Maybe I could get it transported to Lake Zurich
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Hard to see how they can do it. Capital controls?
                    Get them done for tax evasion and confiscate the money.

Start war with Switzerland if necessary.

HTH

Comment

He has a wife, you know...

David Gauke’s Wife is Tax Avoidance Lawyer - Guy Fawkes' blog

Comment

Working...
                      X