• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

away day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    LoL - yours was bad, but not as bad as Ketchup's correction of it
    Haha, it was pseudo-code - thats my story and im sticking to it

Comment

Billable=true ? "Why I'd be delighted" : "No, for I dislike you all, permie scum";

Comment

I just went on a week long kick off, ra ra and whoopidy do week. I charged then for the whole week, the extra Sunday I was there and both Saturdays for flying.

Kerchiiiing kerchiiing kerchiiing.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
          Cher-ist! Where do we begin.

IF THEN is VB/VB.NET, != is Java/C#
          GetStuffed would call a subroutine (in VB, you would need to add the parentheses in Java)
          'Yes, I'll be there' is a Java string (an error in VB) without the central apostrophe escaped or concatatanated...

No fooking wonder Bob is taking over...
          That was actually ketchup's pre employment screening test for HCL......
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I just went on a week long kick off, ra ra and whoopidy do week. I charged then for the whole week, the extra Sunday I was there and both Saturdays for flying.

Kerchiiiing kerchiiing kerchiiing.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              I'd rather have my eyes put out with a sh**ty stick than spend time outside of the office with the people I work with. TBH I expect my colleagues feel the same about me.
              ftfy
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                That was actually ketchup's pre employment screening test for HCL......
                What is HCL?

And also, what does FTFY mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  Billable==true ? "Why I'd be delighted" : "No, for I dislike you all, permie scum";
                  Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by jonbon View Post
                    Hello All
                    My client has booked a half day away day...
                    A big no no from me old boy, unless there's some hot minge lurking else it's WFH.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by jonbon View Post
                      Hello All

My client has booked a half day away day with all sorts of games et al for all the employees of the department. I am the only contractor here. They've asked me to come along. What would people of the know advise? To Go or stay back as the only one in the office and show work spirit

Cheerio

Jon
                      "Thankyou for thinking to include me, but unfortunately I must decline. Any company-funded employee events that are claimed back as a legitimate tax-deductable business expense need to be for empoyees only, to protect both of us from the consequences of falling under IR35."

Most contractors are wise to this one. "Did you attend any employee-only events such as the Christmas Party?" is the first question Hector will ask should he come calling. And your answer to that question does matter. Even if it was only one time. Accepting free lunch on the company might very well end up being the most expensive meal you ever had.

Comment

Working...
                      X