• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unions vs Conservative government, the rematch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've never been asked. How do they know you live abroad?
    I don't know, but I don't like the fact that they know.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I don't know, but I don't like the fact that they know.
      They can tell by looking at my passport as it was issued by the consulate here although in theory I could have lost it and had another one issued but I doubt that would be the case as it takes 6 weeks to come through. Interestingly enough I had the German police around the other day who wanted to see my passport and none of us could work out where it was issued as it doesn't actually say where, you have to find the TLA: FCO in it somewhere.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        It surprises me. Each time I visit the UK, with my British passport, I´m asked by passport control 'how long do you intend to stay´, and occasionally ´are you coming here to work´. My first instinct is to respond ´none of your business´ seeing as I am a British citizen and have the right to live and work in the UK. Are they just pretending to do something useful by making things slow and difficult for people who are allowed to be in the UK?
        I have a passport with a microchip so I get to use the fast track lane, one thing that really bothers me though is nowhere on the passport application does it say that I consent to the use of facial recognition
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
        X