• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Syria and Western double standards/Hypocracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to watch the Russian news channel in the morning, the different angle they take is pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I like to watch the Russian news channel in the morning, the different angle they take is pretty funny.
      I bet they think the same when they watch BBC, Sky etc. Same crap just a different agenda.

Comment

cant believe the usa stance on this, it actually looks like assad is the lesser of two evils however unpalatable that may seem. The Israelis are getting twitchy about the Syrian chemical weapons and look likely to take them out and you cant blame them

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          cant believe the usa stance on this, it actually looks like assad is the lesser of two evils however unpalatable that may seem. The Israelis are getting twitchy about the Syrian chemical weapons and look likely to take them out and you cant blame them
          You honestly think that Syria poses the slightest threat to Israel. I really don't get why people don't see the stupidity of the suggestions that Israel is somehow under threat from Syria/Iran. Israel poses a much larger threat to them than visa versa. Syria is a weak country and is now surrounded (politically, economically, militarily). However bad Asad is, he is no worse than the Saudi govn, Jordanian Govt etc who the west seem happy to chum up to.

Comment

@OP

Very true old chap.

Look at Libya, al-Qaeda is now running the show.

Best leave the rags be I'd suggest. No one's a winner.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
              Best leave the rags be I'd suggest.
              That would be a good suggestion if the West wasn't so greedy for its oil-based/constructed consumables
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                And the govt.

And by sasguru.

The list is endless.
                You lack the analytical skills necessary to distinguish truth from falsehood anyway.
                HTH, BIDI
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  That would be a good suggestion if the West wasn't so greedy for its oil-based/constructed consumables
                  And there lies the root problem...

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                    @OP

Very true old chap.

Look at Libya, al-Qaeda is now running the show.

Best leave the rags be I'd suggest. No one's a winner.

That's not what I am saying dude - help the good people not the evil ones. You don't help Al-Qaeda, Taliban etc. But you do help people who are genuinely good. The extremists are in various pockets e.g. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria. There are moderate majorities in Egypt, Tunisia, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Oman etc. So why is the west not supporting the peaceful demonstrations in Bahrain yet it is supporting the thugs and criminals of Syria who are nothing but violent? Also I hope that was not a racist term you used.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      That's not what I am saying dude - help the good people not the evil ones. You don't help Al-Qaeda, Taliban etc. But you do help people who are genuinely good. The extremists are in various pockets e.g. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria. There are moderate majorities in Egypt, Tunisia, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Oman etc. So why is the west not supporting the peaceful demonstrations in Bahrain yet it is supporting the thugs and criminals of Syria who are nothing but violent? Also I hope that was not a racist term you used.....
                      We helped Al-Qaeda in Libya.

I'm no racist young man.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X