• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was the petrol price rigged too?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Yes I know filters have got better but I still don't like the stuff.
    What sysman is trying to say is that he much prefers to inhale smell of petrol when refueling his car - due to low economy of petrol he can do it more often than with diesel also.

Comment

Still it does change things, after all a lot of Diesel cars emit low emissions and therefore pay less in Road tax given that what they emit is hazardous to the health should they still benefit from paying less?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        I wasn't worried about the CO, but the potentially nasty nitrocarbons.
        But you are still alive so it was fine!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          What sysman is trying to say is that he much prefers to inhale smell of petrol when refueling his car - due to low economy of petrol he can do it more often than with diesel also.
          I made the mistake of buying a diesel back in the days before they got turbos and got quieter. Great fuel consumption but bloody noisy for long trips.

One town near me is trying out hydrogen cell powered buses, so I had to have a ride on one to see what it's like.

Much quieter than diesels, but once you start listening to them they don't half wheeze and fart a lot.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X