• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to BTL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    God no - Twelve more years for house prices to recover - Telegraph

That boat has been totally missed and only worked in the bubble market pre-2009. Why bother with all the grief and illiquidity when you can buy numerous housebuilders shares, or property funds/trust/REIT (commercial and domestic e.g. FCPT) AND diversify across a few business sectors to avoid betting the farm (VOD paying >7% divi this year). Stick it in an ISA, job done.
    Property only ever goes up.

I know this because a property bankrupt named Phil Spencer keeps saying it on TV in endless repeats.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Property only ever goes up.

I know this because a property bankrupt named Phil Spencer keeps saying it on TV in endless repeats.
      I'm beginning to think that under all that BS you know as much about property as AtW knows about economics.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I'm beginning to think that under all that BS you know as much about property as AtW knows about economics.
        Give the serial renters a break. Who knows, you could have them as tenants in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X