• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chico: why is Heaven hotter than Hell?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell

Why the interest?
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico my friend
      your brain is broke can I recommend that you tear it out, and throw it from you

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I thought 'cold as hell' was Elton John in Rocket Man. Although why he would be an expert on where not to raise kids I have no idea.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Heaven is a place on earth

Ooh, baby, do you know what thats worth ?
          Ooh heaven is a place on earth
          They say in heaven love comes first
          Well make heaven a place on earth
          Ooh heaven is a place on earth

Comment

Ah, Belinda. Always had a special soft spot for that red headed babe.

Comment

Them's a suffocation risk them's is. Health and safety should ask those lassies to put up a warning notice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                Ah, Belinda. Always had a special soft spot for that red headed babe.

Oh, yes. I'm with you on that one, DP!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Threaded the plagiarist strikes again

The temperature of Heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is Isaiah 30:26,

"Moreover, the light of the Moon shall
                  be as the light of the Sun and the light
                  of the Sun shall be sevenfold, as the
                  light of seven days."

Thus Heaven receives from the Moon as much radiation as we do from the Sun, and in addition 7*7 (49) times as much as the Earth does from the Sun, or 50 times in all. The light we receive from the Moon is one 1/10,000 of the light we receive from the Sun, so we can ignore that ... The radiation falling on Heaven will heat it to the point where i.e., Heaven loses 50 times as much heat as the Earth by radiation. Using the Stefan-Boltzmann
                  law for radiation, (H/E) temperature of the earth (-300K), gives H as 798K (525C). The exact temperature of Hell cannot be computed ...

(However) Revelations 21:8 says

"But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall
                  have their part in the lake which burneth
                  with fire and brimstone."

A lake of molten brimstone means that its temperature must be at or below the boiling point, 444.6C. We have, then, that Heaven, at 525C is hotter than Hell at 445C.
                  Amazing what a google on "Heaven hotter than Hell" turns up.

Comment

Working...
                  X