• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you find most people annoyingly thick?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Irony in 3...2...1...

There it is

I was going to make that point anyway but then read Xog's post which had a very similar theme.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

To try and look at this objectively, the average IQ in the UK is just over 100, apparently.
      Now how they arrive at that figure, who knows. But if that's true, then there's a shedload of people below 100, and that's quite worrying, especially around election time.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        To try and look at this objectively, the average IQ in the UK is just over 100, apparently.
        Now how they arrive at that figure, who knows. But if that's true, then there's a shedload of people below 100, and that's quite worrying, especially around election time.
        IQ scores are a normal distribution so for every genius there will also be a gurning ****tard.

It wont vary by nationality either but it is difficult to set the tests with zero language or cultural bias which results in different 'average' results for different countries.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          I think that the score of a hundred is by definition the average.

From wikipedia...

When modern IQ tests are devised, the mean (average) score within an age group is set to 100 and the standard deviation (SD) almost always to 15, although this was not always so historically.[1] Thus the intention is that approximately 95% of the population scores within two SDs of the mean, i.e. has an IQ between 70 and 130.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            I think that the score of a hundred is by definition the average.

From wikipedia...
            That's still two SD, which says that there are still a good number with an IQ less than 70.

And they mostly all post on here.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              An MBA should mean instant loss of voting privileges, enforced sterilisation and removal of any existing offspring to a place of safety, and exile to one of the less hospitable corners of Rockall. In other words, a just and proportionate response to an act of incalculable folly.
              Why? I have one. Also a degree in Engineering and am completing a Masters in Mathematics this year.
              I think narrow-minded cretins who make generalisations should probably suffer the consequences you state.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Why? I have one. Also a degree in Engineering and am completing a Masters in Mathematics this year.
                I think narrow-minded cretins who make generalisations should probably suffer the consequences you state.
                Thought you'd retired old chap?

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  QED

Comment

I find sasguru annoyingly cretinous.

Comment

Working...
                    X