• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Battery packed up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I have a smiths scientific calculator I bought over 20 years ago.it's still going strong but has had several battery changes.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I can't use these new fangled calculators coz the operating method has changed so much, I keep getting "E" for error all the time.
      Which reminds me of another bug bear in changing calculators. Whether it's Reverse Polish, prefix/postyfix or whatever term they use for the order you type symbols. On my trusty old calculator, if I want a reciprocal of a number for example, I type the number followed by the reciprocal function key, whereas with my newer ones the keying order is reversed and I often screw up, and reach for my trusty old Casio.

Comment

Before I sat my a levels I replaced my trusty Casio fx 350 with a later model. The old calculator was in a bit of a state, bent out of shape and battered. In a free period I took it to bits and transposed the 1 and 3, 4 and 6 and 7 and 9 buttons. It looked essentially the same, but was impossible to use. On the day of my exam, one of my mates had left his calculator at home. He had no other choice but to sit his maths A level using my spare. I'd like to think that he would have failed it anyway without my help.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X