• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors learning board

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak
    Why should I joke? I'm not picking up the tab for flights and hotels to Iceland, Switzerland, Dublin...
    At my company they charged contractors for social occasions like xmas parties and so on (not that I blame them for not coming anyway).

But I am sure mine is a very strange one and the majority of companies are happy to pay trips to Iceland, Switzerland and Dublin. Again, the most important thing is to realise that we are not focusing on one rather strange and peculiar situation but thinking about the average situation.

Oh and my penson is looking very healthy - thanks for asking...
    I am also sure that your company is happy to match 150% of the pension contribution to contractors as they do for permanent people at my company.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

I am also sure that your company is happy to match 150% of the pension contribution to contractors as they do for permanent people at my company.
      Franko - Spoken like a true company man

Do you have a tattoo of the company logo on your arse?
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        At my company they charged contractors for social occasions like xmas parties and so on (not that I blame them for not coming anyway).

But I am sure mine is a very strange one and the majority of companies are happy to pay trips to Iceland, Switzerland and Dublin. Again, the most important thing is to realise that we are not focusing on one rather strange and peculiar situation but thinking about the average situation.

I was paid my full rate when I went to Germany for my previous client. I was on full pay while sleeping on the aircraft between London and Munich.

I too have a healthy pension. It's the overall package that counts and I get far more as a contractor than I ever could as a permie. But that's my case.

Comment

Permie is best Francko. Massive pensions, free training whenever you want it, all those super "team building" nights out.

You leave the barren existence of the freelancer to us that can't make the grade in corporate permieland.

Cheers,

DP.

Comment

Working...
          X