• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Nexus Pad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    This sort of Nexus?

Or an earlier model?
    It's a Nexus 7 so it's more advanced, it doesn't ask so many questions.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Why can't you use cloud storage? SD is old hat as hardly any new devices are launching with a slot.
      Connection. Simple as that. I don't want to have to connect to the interweb and download every time I want to watch something. Personal reason for having this sort of this is to be able to load a book up and read it on the train or watch a film on a flight. It looks like the real deal I just wish they'd have thought about external storage. Of course you can pre download before getting on the train/plane but how long would that take and how many films can you store on the internal drive.....

Comment

Originally posted by kmge View Post
        Connection. Simple as that. I don't want to have to connect to the interweb and download every time I want to watch something. Personal reason for having this sort of this is to be able to load a book up and read it on the train or watch a film on a flight. It looks like the real deal I just wish they'd have thought about external storage. Of course you can pre download before getting on the train/plane but how long would that take and how many films can you store on the internal drive.....
        16gb is quite a lot of books, you have to load whatever onto the card anyway so why would it be so different? I'd have thought you can transfer via mini USB.

I have 3 movies, loads of music, photo's and countless apps on my phone using up about 6 of the 16gb available, I guess if you're going to the Amazon jungle for 2 months it could be a problem.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
        X