• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More bicycle lanes .. no thank-you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that kind of thing is OK in America as most turns are quite open and you can see. In the UK though the pavements tend to be really narrow and your view is often blocked by road signals, road signs, and other such crap.

I still think such things are a good idea. Anything to remove bad drivers from the road is a good idea in my book.

My personal favourite is slip roads that drop down from a motorway to a roundabout. I think they ought to fit pikes in such roundabouts and leave the remains on them until they get really smelly.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'm with Simon Cowell and Jermey Clarkson - special lanes for rich people and/or people with nice cars.

Comment

Talking of special lanes, I think they ought to rip up the armco down the middle of the motorways and turn them into cycle only paths.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Talking of special lanes, I think they ought to rip up the armco down the middle of the motorways and turn them into cycle only paths.
          has the potential for some great snuff footage
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
          X