• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit for under-25s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i think it was you who resorted to insults first....

That got a sick belly laugh from me....

You really suck at this don't you.
    Last edited by Robinho; 26 June 2012, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      Awww, you lose - first to turn to insults.

You have no idea how lucky you are to be born where you are...

You have no idea about developing nations and the "choice to work" or the hand we play in LIMITING these opportunities.

Go out and work in Indonesia and come back and tell me how much "choice" you think people have...

Its very very similar to the OP - lots of people (like David C) who are so detached from the life that the MAJORITY of the world (or country for Dave) live, that they think everyone has the same opportunity they did or do.

It's tosh, and if you don't support the weakest members they will rise up and bite you , be that the "underclass" in the UK, or the grossly exploited citizens of foreign countries who's rights are quashed in the name of external profit.

We give NOTHING back to the countries, as soon as they get anywhere near the ability to start introducing fair wages, workers rights etc, the companies just move operations to the next poor victim.
      So speaks a man who is amongst the top earners in the world who happily takes his fat wages from multi national companies.

I presume your cliche about "weakest members" means paying them to sit at home and do nothing?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The more jobs we outsource to these countries the more companies have to pay and the better conditions they have to provide to get adequate employment. It is basic supply and demand.

Thus if we inhibit outsourcing, we continue to impoverish these countries.

Comment

DA - ok you goaded me into it.

Look through our previous posts, where I showed you I don't fit into your "lefty" cookie cutter template.

I also don't earn much and work for a charity.. Don't judge everyone else by your own standards.

Comment

DA I've told you, Im not playing with you anymore today - tommorrow.

Rob - Awww, you lose - first to turn to insults.

You have no idea how lucky you are to be born where you are...

You have no idea about developing nations and the "choice to work" or the hand we play in LIMITING these opportunities.

Go out and work in Indonesia and come back and tell me how much "choice" you think people have, or how great work its doing for the country...

Its very very similar to the OP - lots of people (like David C) who are so detached from the life that the MAJORITY of the world (or country for Dave) live, that they think everyone has the same opportunity they did or do.

It's tosh, and if you don't support the weakest members they will rise up and bite you , be that the "underclass" in the UK, or the grossly exploited citizens of foreign countries who's rights are quashed in the name of external profit.

We give NOTHING back to the countries, as soon as they get anywhere near the ability to start introducing fair wages, workers rights etc, the companies just move operations to the next poor victim.

There are hundreds of examples of things like this:

Child tobacco pickers poisoned, reveals report — About Plan — Plan International

"This research on tobacco farms in Malawi reveals that child labourers, some as young as 5, are suffering severe physical symptoms from absorbing up to the equivalent of 50 cigarettes a day through their skin.

As the tobacco industry continues to shift its production to developing countries, more vulnerable children are being exposed to these hazardous working conditions."

Thats good is it? That's building opportunity for the country?

As soon as it's eradicated there it will go elsewhere...
            Rather than patronise these people and tell them what sort of jobs they should be taking why dont you let the Indonesians be the judge of what is good for them?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              The more jobs we outsource to these countries the more companies have to pay and the better conditions they have to provide to get adequate employment. It is basic supply and demand.
              Thus if we inhibit outsourcing, we continue to impoverish these countries.
              No its a fantasy.

What happens is the more jobs we outsource, the more companies have to pay in bribes to keep the workers from forming unions or lobbying for rights.

Then once salaries and rights increase, the companies move off to Laos, or Cambodia , or whatever next "fresh" exploitation ground there is.

Comment

DA - ok you goaded me into it.

Look through our previous posts, where I showed you I don't fit into your "lefty" cookie cutter template.

I also don't earn much and work for a charity.. Don't judge everyone else by your own standards.
                So what are you doing an a contractor board?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Rather than patronise these people and tell them what sort of jobs they should be taking why dont you let the Indonesians be the judge of what is good for them?
                  Don't go there, I love indonesia and indonesia loves me.

Comment

No its a fantasy.

What happens is the more jobs we outsource, the more companies have to pay in bribes to keep the workers from forming unions or lobbying for rights.

Then once salaries and rights increase, the companies move off to Laos, or Cambodia , or whatever next "fresh" exploitation ground there is.
                    And out of all these cliches your point is?

Comment

No its a fantasy.

You don't need unions. You just need an opportunity to choose another job.

And what when these companies are out of exploitation ground?

Comment

Working...
                      X