• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England and the World Cup !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HankWangford
    beckham in 'holding' role,

I think you mean, "Beckham in his 'lobbing it into the box from his own half in the hope that someone might get on the end of it' role"

Comment

FFS What's all this crap about England winning the World Cup? Have people lost their marbles? There are several teams we would struggle with e.g. Brazil, Italy, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Czech Republic, Spain.

I don't count Germany or Argentina as we have proven we can beat them - but they could easily beat us.

Wake up and smell the coffee FFS
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

We're on our way, we are Rons 22.

sorry wrong year.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          FFS What's all this crap about England winning the World Cup? Have people lost their marbles? There are several teams we would struggle with e.g. Brazil, Italy, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Czech Republic, Spain.

I don't count Germany or Argentina as we have proven we can beat them - but they could easily beat us.

Wake up and smell the coffee FFS
          We won't win, but we'll do as we always do, show a glimmer of hope, only to be taken out by a more competent side.

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
            We won't win, but we'll do as we always do, show a glimmer of hope, only to be taken out by a more competent side.
            Semis are the best we can hope for, and that's a long shot ...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Semis are the best we can hope for, and that's a long shot ...
              They will retire from the Tournament after losing 3-0 against Paraguay.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                They will retire from the Tournament after losing 3-0 against Paraguay.
                Yeah, shame we have to play a decent team like Paraguay. Would much have preferred Italy at this stage ....
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh ye of little faith.
                  This England side is as good as any other team and with a little luck on the day can win.
                  Admitedly they do have a tendancy to bottle it, but this could be exception!

Come on you lot get behind them.

Come on England!
                  Come on England!
                  Come on England!
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
                    beckham in 'holding' role, need his passing and dead ball skills

Anyone care to agree
                    Beckham was possibly the worst holding player I have ever seen. He can't tackle, he's slow, and he can't head the ball. Furthermore, he thinks it is his duty to ping 60-yard passes up the pitch all the time, which cuts out two of the best midfield players in the tournament.

Beckham is only in the team for two reasons - his crossing ability and the fact that he is captain. He isn't the only one who can take free kicks around the box any more.

I like Lennon though. I hope Beckham gets injured early doors.

Comment

Captaincy

Originally posted by wendigo100
                      Beckham was possibly the worst holding player I have ever seen. He can't tackle, he's slow, and he can't head the ball. Furthermore, he thinks it is his duty to ping 60-yard passes up the pitch all the time, which cuts out two of the best midfield players in the tournament.

Beckham is only in the team for two reasons - his crossing ability and the fact that he is captain. He isn't the only one who can take free kicks around the box any more.

I like Lennon though. I hope Beckham gets injured early doors.
                      Agree with all you said! But WHY is Beckham captain? Come to that, why is Michael Owen always handed the armband when Beckham leaves the field? Neither are natural leaders (especially Owen). Captaincy shouldn't be determined by "time served". There are 2 obvious candidates for captain in my view, both of whom lead their clubs (which neither Beckham or Owen do) - John Terry and Seteven Gerrard.

Comment

Working...
                      X